One of my resolutions for the year is to try at least one new recipe a month. I found this one from A Beautiful Mess and it was delicious!
I pretty much followed the recipe except for the chopped peanuts and the gluten free flour since I didn't have them already.
Oh man...these are the best! It's like a PB&J sandwich without the sticky, stuck-to-the-roof-of-your-mouthness. The cookies are still pretty dense though so you'll want something to drink, I suggest milk!
A couple things I found this first go round:
1. I'll definitely add the chopped peanuts next time. I think they would be even better with some added texture.
2. I was afraid that using all-purpose flour wouldn't be as good since the recipe calls for gluten free. Works just fine!
3. The girls from ABM found that 10 mins would have worked better for them but I found 12 mins to be better for me.
4. Let them sit. I, of course, wanted to try them right away and, while delicious, they are even better once they've cooled. I put them in the refrigerator for awhile and that seemed to do the trick faster.
5. Double the recipe. This batch made a dozen and I wanted more (and more and more and more)!